Language Learning and Teaching Conference: Developing Speaking Skills
15th September 2017
The University of Leeds
Call for Papers
The purpose of the conference is to bring together researchers and language teachers working in Higher Education in the UK and internationally to discuss the nature and challenges currently faced in the field of language learning and teaching. This conference intends to:
• Push forward the under-researched field of speaking skills by showcasing original research and innovative practice.
• Support a closer integration of language learning theory and pedagogical practice.
• Bridge the gap between MFL, EFL and EAP and provide a forum for all practitioners to develop collaborative projects, across language education regardless of the discipline.
• Act as a catalyst for collaboration across institutions.
The focus will be towards the enhancement of speaking skills. We now invite submissions of abstracts for papers and panels that relate to the following sub-themes:
Theoretical and practical approaches to:
• Pronunciation and intonation
• Pragmatics and interaction
• Cognitivism on speaking skills
• Assessment and Proficiency Level Bench-marking (including the CEFR)
• Technology to enhance language learning
• Task Based Teaching and Learning
• Learning outside the classroom
• Enhancing students’ employability through the development of speaking skills
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
Dr Fumiyo Nakatsuhara, Reader, CRELLA, University of Bedfordshire
Dr Tita Beaven, Senior Lecturer in Spanish, Open University
Papers are allotted twenty-minute slots followed by 10 minutes of discussion. Please submit your abstract proposal form available on the conference website: https://lltconf.leeds.ac.uk/ via email to (LLTconf@leeds.ac.uk), by 10th of May 2017. An academic committee will review the abstracts and acceptance will be confirmed by 26th May 2017.
Abstract submission deadline: 10/05/2017
Notification of acceptance: 26/05/2017
For more information go to the conference website https://lltconf.leeds.ac.uk/ or email (LLTconf@leeds.ac.uk).
Conference Organisers: Bettina Hermoso-Gómez (B.Hermoso-Gomez@leeds.ac.uk),
Chiara La-Sala (M.C.LaSala@leeds.ac.uk) and
Sofia Martinho (S.Martinho@leeds.ac.uk).
Academic Committee: Hanem El-Farahaty, Bettina Hermoso-Gómez, Karima Gaci, Simon Green, Christopher Lacey, Chiara La-Sala, Sofia Martinho, James Wilson and Clare Wright.